Destination Australia International Scholarship
The Destination Australia Scholarships (DAS) are part of the Australian Government’s Planning for Australia’s Future Population and aligns with the Government’s National Strategy for International Education 2025. It offers international students the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience regional and rural Australia.
About this scholarship
- The scholarship is valued at up to $45,000 for students in a three year course, and $60,000 for students in a four year course.
- Payments will be made in instalments of $7,500 per semester.
- There are 21 scholarships available
Student typeFuture Students
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: international students
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: first year
- Study load: full-time
- You must agree to live in a regional or rural area in Victoria, as classified by the Rural Remote and Metropolitan Area (PRMA) whilst studying.
- You must have a full unconditional offer for a place in an undergraduate program at ACU, commencing in February 2020
- You must not have previously studied at ACU
Application processApplications must be made through the scholarships page.
You do not need to provide any supporting documentation. The records submitted with your admission application will be used to assess your academic merit.
Selection criteriaApplications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Academic merit
Application processThe recipient will be selected by ACU International
To retain this scholarship, recipients must:
- Maintain a full-time study load
- Continue to reside in a regional or remote location in Victoria for the duration of the course
- Remain enrolled in the same course at the Ballarat campus, this scholarship is not transferable