Andrew’s Corporate Clothing Scholarship
About this scholarshipEstablished in 2018 by Andrew’s Corporate Clothing for ACU students within the Faculty of Health Sciences. The scholarship recognises that whilst there is immense value in professional practice placements that provide students with the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, learn skills and develop the required behaviours and practices in workplace environments, there are also additional costs for students.
ValueThe scholarship is valued at $1,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
There are up to 10 scholarships available.
Student typeCurrent Students
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: all
- Target group: students undertaking a placement
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: any undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: any
- Student must be enrolled in a placement unit in the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Students must have completed the Faculty Pre-Placement Requirements
- Students must not have previously failed any professional practice/clinical units of study in their course.
Application processPlease provide the following as part of the application:
- written statement of approximately 400 words outlining.
- The hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing and/or completing your professional placements, and how your degree will change your future.
- Why you are planning to undertake this placement and what do you hope to gain from it.
- Evidence of undertaking a rural or regional placement and/or special needs or disadvantage
Selection criteriaApplications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement.
- Preference will be given to students undertaking a rural or regional placement, defined as Remoteness Areas RA3 to RA5 in the Australian Standard Geographical Classification System (2016).
- Preference will be given to students with special needs or disadvantage.
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office.