ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship
About this scholarshipThe ACU Centre for Liturgy Postgraduate Scholarship was established in 2016 to enable a postgraduate theology student with a demonstrated ongoing interest in liturgical studies and/or sacramental theology to study one 600-level unit in liturgy or sacraments at ACU.
ValueOne scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee waiver, equivalent to the current tuition fee for one 600-level unit of study in liturgy or sacramental theology at ACU.
There is one scholarship available.
Student typeCurrent Students Or Future Students
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the scholarship application date:
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Theology and Philosophy
- Course: enrolled in a Masters program in Theology
- Campus: any
Application processPlease provide the following as part of the application:
- written statement of approximately 300 words outlining:
- your demonstrated ongoing interest in liturgical studies or sacramental theology
- previous or current engagement in liturgical/sacramental ministry or formation activities in your local parish or school community and your intended ongoing engagement in such activities
- details of previous study in liturgy or sacramental theology and/or intended future study in these discipline areas.
- Academic transcript
Selection criteriaApplications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Enrolment in a Liturgy and/or sacraments 600-level unit
- Academic merit
- Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy and a member of the ACU Centre for Liturgy Board of Advisers.
- Preference will be given to students who meet a minimum GPA of 5.0 (on the ACU seven-point scale or equivalent).
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the Director of the ACU Centre for Liturgy explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October.
You are requested to promote and support the work of the ACU Centre for Liturgy by participating in promotional activities pertaining to the awarding of the scholarship (i.e, participating in an informal interview and providing a photograph for publicity purposes).