Andrew Aitken Memorial Nursing Scholarship
About this scholarshipIn memory of Andrew who through his life, work and studies, reminded us of the importance of commitment, compassion, and lending a helping hand. Andrew had a passion for life and everything it had to offer. He shared this passion with those around him and spent many hours encouraging his fellow ACU students to do their best. Andrew’s first love was flying but he showed a deep commitment to the field of nursing, where he knew he could make a difference to the lives of others.
- $3,000 is available, to be paid in instalments of $1,000 per year for the duration of your course. Maximum three years.
- One scholarship is available.
Student typeFuture Students
EligibilityThis scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, as of the scholarship application closing date:
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing
- Campus: Brisbane
- Year level: First year
- Demonstrated special needs or disadvantage
Application processPlease provide the following as part of the application:
- written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future?
- Evidence of special needs or disadvantage due to disability or chronic medical condition, geographic location or financial, social or cultural factors.
Selection criteriaApplications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Special needs or disadvantage
Selection processApplicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor or their nominated representative.
Recipients are requested to submit an Impact Statement for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.