ACU Law - Equity Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2012, the ACU Law - Equity Scholarship is intended to assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- The Scholarship is valued at $5,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are two scholarships available.
Current Students or Future Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Domestic students
- Faculty: Law
- Course: Any ACU Law degree
- Campus: Any
- Year level: First year
- Not a previous recipient of this scholarship.
Please provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree? And what do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change the future?
- Evidence of financial need. For example;
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Financial need
The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the Dean of Law.
Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU.