ACU Law - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Equity Scholarship
About this scholarship
Established in 2013, the ACU Law - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Equity Scholarship is intended to assist students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- $5,000, paid in one lump sum.
- Two scholarships are available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Faculty: Law and Business
- Course: any ACU Law degree
- Campus: North Sydney, Strathfield or Melbourne
- Year level: any
- Demonstrated financial need
Please provide the following as part of the application:
- written statement of approximately 500 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Tell us about the hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change the future.
- Evidence of financial hardship:
- Most recent Tax Assessment Notice OR
- Centrelink Income Statement OR
- the most recent 60 days of bank transactions AND pay slips from the last 6 weeks
- Two written references (religious, community engagement, professional, or personal).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Evidence of financial need
- Written references
- The recipients will be selected by the Scholarships Office, in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate and the Dean of Law.
- Preference is to award one scholarship to Melbourne and one to NSW.
- Students are only eligible to receive the Scholarship once during their studies at ACU.